Over delectable buffet dinner and cash bar, attend, listen and get educated on Estate Planning from a leading Estate Planning Attorney in the Tri-State area. Anne Crane, Esq., who is an alumna, will share her in-depth knowledge of Estate Planning and answer your questions so you can use the knowledge to benefit yourself, family and friends.
To register to attend, on the right please input number in your party, then click "Purchase Tickets" and follow instructions to RSVP register.
During the two-hour alumni networking meeting and talk, Anne (bio) will:
- Discuss what most people need to know about estate planning: federal and state estate tax thresholds/exemptions and how to preserve them; how to provide financially for spouse and children – both minors and adults. She will discuss the use of trusts for spouse and children and various kinds of trusts – depending on your concerns – e.g., giving child more control versus protecting a child’s trust if adult child is in divorce.
- How to maximize the benefits of special assets, such as life insurance, IRAs, 401Ks.
- The use of revocable trusts versus only a will. Revocable Trusts save on attorney fees and probate costs; if you have real estate in another state, facilitates transfer at death.
- She will discuss what everyone should have: will, revocable trust (if creating trusts for beneficiaries), power of attorney and health care proxy/living will.
- Will also discuss what your parents should have – for their benefit and for adult child’s benefit.
Basically, Anne will teach us what she teaches her clients during their first meeting- an overview of the various taxes that come into play – estate, gift, generation skipping and income tax planning and how those taxes and exemptions drive an estate plan. She will also discuss how to select an estate planning attorney.